Monday, May 12, 2014

Adventure Games Museum: Exhibit #2

Next game is a game that started it all for me. My first adventure game. My dear dear SoMI. I didn't speak English at the time so I had to finish it with a solution. Regardless, I fell in love with the game and the genre. Right after finishing the game I restarted it to live through the experience once again. True story!

EXHIBIT #3: THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND

Front and back cover:
 

Excerpts from back cover: 
"Eye-gouging 3D graphics", (I love this one!)
"Ear-pearcing reggae music"
"No typing - point & click interface". (haha in your face Sierra! :) )
"Average playing time: 30 hours. (No way!)


What's inside the box: eight 5.25" floppy disks, manual, Dial-A-Pirate wheel and a bunch of leaflets.

Code-wheel copy protection, in which you had to mix and match several pirate's faces and assemble their names. Almost 25 later - it still works!

By Gribbler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean: foul language means your comment will not get published. Sorry for the captcha, was getting to much spam.