So, my request to anyone who reads this blog is to try the following, if they feel like delving into Wikipedia, follow these tips:
- Read up on Wikipedia policies before you start.
- Firstly, have a go at improving the existing pages on AGS games before you create any new ones. Get used to WikiMedia markup, make sure references are done properly, add more sources of notability, etc.
- Don't bother adding your own game. People writing about their own stuff is frowned on as a conflict of interest.
- Don't bother adding a game if it hasn't been reviewed in at least 3 non-blog websites, or 2 if one of them is a "proper" printed magazine. Any awards won might also help towards notability, but I don't think Wikipeida recognises many online-only awards as being valid.
- Take a look at some of the deletion discussions that have concerned AGS games and topics. Don't get angry at those who wanted to delete the pages, but rather see their concerns and make sure that no other AGS-related articles can fall foul of them.