Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nothing butt the naked truth.

Title: Reality-on-the-Norm: Au Naturel
Author:
Bitby
Release date: 18 May 2008
Playtime: 10 minutes
Size: 2.4Mb

This game was released some time ago already (a month to be precise) but I thought I'd wait until all discussions were done with. Because there was more to do about the acceptance in the database than there was to do about the game itself. And I still don't get it.

Let's be honest. The game isn't about the graphics. Being a Reality-On-The-Norm game, it's all in a downloadable pack for you (except for some extended parts (ahem...) here and there). It isn't about the story. Pictures got in the wrong hands and you want them back. And it isn't about the puzzles. It's the standard get this from there and bring that to here. I'm not really that impressed by the game.

The real fun of the game isn't in the game but in the world you play in. Just look at things, browse, try and have fun. Laugh about the humoristic responses, the twists in the dialogs, the monologues of the bum, the beer drinking of Death. That's where the power of the game is. That's where I had fun.

And the nudity? Oh well, as a publicity stunt it's a nice addition. Personally I don't bother. You'll get a huge warning at the start and you can choose if you want the private parts to be covered or not. And I don't understand all the commotion about the nudity. I was more shocked by the visual effects of the explosion in the Yahtzeebrand. But I never heard anyone discuss that. Why not? Because we see that every day, right? Kids be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean: foul language means your comment will not get published. Sorry for the captcha, was getting to much spam.